For those of you playing along at home, the Far East Movement track posted below will earn you your very first
‘SEVEN DEGREES OF CAMOPOP’ BINGO!
In case you’re confused, that’s probably because I’ve never mentioned this before and I just made it up.
But get your game cards out, because this is how it breaks down:
- Far East Movement recorded this song with Snoop Dogg
- Snoop Dogg featured on “U Should Know Better” from the ‘Body Language pt. 2’ album by Robyn
- Robyn wrote “Be Mine” for her 2005 eponymous LP, which was later covered acoustically by Erik Hassle
- Erik Hassle turned “Be Mine” into a duet and recorded it with Ellie Goulding
- Ellie Goulding wrote “Wish I Stayed” and submitted it as a demo to Sky Ferreira
- Sky Ferreira recorded the song after remixing it with all-new production by Frankmusik
- Frankmusik featured on the song “Fighting for Air,” which is included on the debut album by Far East Movement
So there you have it.
Pop Music: Connecting People Since Whenever Pop Music Was Invented.
The Good Natured - Wolves by The Good Natured
The Good Natured - Wolves
The 6 Most Important Facts about “Wolves” by the Good Natured:
- It is the second greatest song about wolves I’ve ever heard.
- It’s sung by a British girl pretending to be a whole band.
- It kinda sounds like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, only 700% better and 12,000% more fun.
- It should have been the theme to ‘Ginger Snaps,’ the greatest Canadian horror movie of all time.
- It will soon be one of your favorite songs.
- Its lyrics are slightly misleading. In real life, wolves will probably not take you home.
Re: #6 - I mean maybe they’ll take you home if you’re both really drunk. Wolves are unpredictable.
Re: #1 - It’s “Loba” by Shakira.
Re: #3 - At the risk of offending the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, who undoubtedly read this blog, I’m gonna say it’s actually 1,000% better.
Re: #4 - This should NOT have been the theme to ‘Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning,” because that movie was ill-advised and terrible and something like 8 hours long. I think I lived several lifetimes while watching that movie, and all of them were depressing.
Listen to this if you like songs with a hefty dose of British pronunciation.
Don’t listen to this if you don’t know what a lycanthrope is.